Monday, September 20, 2004

Sisters. . .

This morning I was thinking about my friend Trish Gaddess - and how we haven't been in touch in a long time. She and I went to Kindergarten together - which was 30 years ago. I love stories I hear about people that have had certain friends for years and years. Longevity of friendships - and marriages - seems to be a rarity these days.

Then I realized that I have a friend who's been my friend since I was 2 years old - my sister Julie. We are 21 months apart in age. She and I have shared everything - from the backyard swingset, to our matching clothes our mom made, from "dad-cut" bangs, to the errant hairstyles of the 80's (mine were definitely more errant).

We now share the experience of being a wife and mother of 2. That's the best - to look back at all we've lived through and where we are now. Thank God we still have each other. I'd be lost without her. We share a love for life, music, parenting, baking, certain reality TV shows that shall remain nameless - and most of all each other. If you see my sis, please tell her to move to Colorado - we've got living to do!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Guess what mom brough over the other day...the CAT SKIRTS! Hee!!!!! Can't wait til my girls are old enough to wear them...but by then they might protest...hmmm....

Love you!!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home