Saturday, June 10, 2006

Cars Review

Summer has officially landed in my household. On the first day with no school, we went with some friends to see the movie CARS. First off, I should say that I am very conservative and protective of my kids. I want to preserve their innocence and allow them to have a childhood - full of childhood thoughts - not wishings of being an adult.

Cars was absolutely enjoyable. The storyline is - a little rookie car named Lightning is in a major race to win the Piston Cup. He and two other cars are tied so they have a tie-breaker race a week later in California to decide the winner. On the way to CA, Lightning rolls out of his trailer and gets stuck in a little town on Route 66 called Radiator Springs. There are no people in the movie. The characters are all cars. So. . . like there were some flies flying around - and they were little Volkswagen Beatles with wings - too cute. There were tractors in a field that were supposed to be likened to cows. Lightning and a buddy he meets named "Mater" go "Tractor Tipping." The scene was adorable. Lightning learns some valuable lessons in Radiator Springs.

I believe The Cable Guy does the voice of "Mater" the tow truck. I was a bit worried about this as The Cable Guy isn't exactly for kids. There was one comment that he makes that comes to mind where he says he'd give his "left two lug-nuts" to be able to do something. There's also a love interest that is really cute. Lightning does comment on a rear "pinstripe tattoo" she has on her back. Could have done without that. There are several other things like that - but minimal in my opinion. It's definitely worth seeing.

One last thing, during the trailers for the movie, they showed trailers that were for PG and above movies. Why? The kids were there to see a G rated movie - why put in their heads desires to see a PG movie? The trailer for Flicka was absolutely appalling to me as they twice said, "Da*n it!" That kind of language is not appropriate for G movie goers. As soon as I figure out who to call - I will!

My kids are 7.5 and 5. They both loved the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home